So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳
Via Ashley Dudarnek
1. The number of active mobile internet users in April reached 1.16 billion in China. The average monthly time was 144.8 hours, up 13% YoY.
2. In 2022 China will officially become an “aged society.” 1 in 7 people will be aged 65 years or older.
3. American Express will be the first foreign credit card company to launch onshore operations in China.
4. China’s manufacturing sector continues to suffer from the impact of Covid19. In May producer prices fall 3.7%, sharpest drop in 4 years.
5. China’s rural e-commerce market, projected to reach US$ 240 billion by the end of 2020. The talent gap in the sector would rise from 2.1 million in 2021 to 3.5 million in 2025.
6. Kuaishou will spend about US$ 1.41 billion to build its largest data center.
7. Sales of admission tickets for amusement parks rose by 437% on JD compared with the same period last year.
8. Weibo would take some features offline for a week in compliance with orders from the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC).
9. WeChat added delivery services to its mini programs.
If you like my weekly digests and want me to continue, pls let me know with a ‘YES’ below. 👇👇👇
❗You can now follow #ashleytalks for more insights on #China.
@Glyn MacLean thought it worthwhile to mention the resources below that make it easier for non-Chinese-speaking people like him 😉. Glyn uses these every day in the course of our business with China to engage Chinese people and finds them easy to use. GOOGLE Chinese Translation | Mobile Apple: https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/google-translate/id414706506 Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en Chinese Translation | Desktop https://translate.google.com/ MICROSOFT Chinese Translation | Mobile iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-translator/id1018949559 Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.translator&hl=en Chinese Translation | Desktop https://www.bing.com/translator
Rethink the way that you market your brand.
This #bmw motorbike video from TikTok is an influencer styled Commercial with tens of thousands of views.
At Red Circle Network 红圈网 we are leading specialists at teaching influence marketing through the use of short form video.
We are the company responsible for increased Chinese voting in the 2017 NZ elections on contract to Saatchi and Saatchi.
Right now, we’re helping the best Hollywood creative producers engage the world through short form content.
If we can teach Hollywood, then we can also teach you and your team.
Real influencer training.